WEEK 4: SUPERVISOR SESSION
I started out with a list of photo topics to the theme »Mut zur Lücke«.
Looking roughly through my photo archive I grabbed the photos that suited my list above to have a very first impression what a photo series could look like.
After that I questioned myself which of these can be realized in isolation (What is indoors or in the neighborhood? etc) and how can I work in isolation (What can I use that I already have around me?). These are the leftovers.
… this would be a rather boring photo series.
Therefore shifting my original proposal idea to the question »What will I miss in isolation?« and doing a very first photo test.
Why do I study a masters degree?
· mostly interested in conceptual work, digging deeper
· also the technical part as it would be good for me to actually get practice
Books to have a look at:
· Moritz Neumüller »The Routledge Companion to Photography and Visual Culture« > especially chapter 3 (survey theories and ideas)
· Liz Wells »Photography, a critical Introduction« (2015) (debates and surveys)
Why all the reading:
· broader overview
· not whole book but just interesting chapters
> then go deeper into topic
· just google »photography archive theory memory« and see what you come out with
· search for artists, curators
> What are others doing?
> finding key ideas
> inspirational ideas, triggers
WHY gives access:
· projector idea
> find things with relationship and adding those (to be projected on)
> stories, cultural narratives
> inform and influence people insights
> as it's a personal project