WEEK 7: SUPERVISOR SESSION
I liked Julien’s interpretation of the interior being a metaphor for the (inner) self. I believe that’s what I wanted to express all along but could not put in words. So, how can I come up with something like this?
How can I continue this project? I feel stuck and “bored” (not in the conventional way but that the story is told and no reason to make more examples of the same topic over and over again). The project is lacking depth and meaning.
More pictures as I still had this idea in my head. But as I hardly saw the point in continuing with the project in the same old way, the pictures did not turn out good at all. A low point.
I failed at focusing correctly, the projection is too light …
… cut off the dog’s head of the projection … at least I also did it with framing of the projection …
… again the dog's head cut off in the projection …
… and a cool accident that excited me briefly.
So far I saw the project as a pure technical exercise. Now I have to stop outside of this to satisfy the curiosity about the images.
· storytelling (emotional/historical) > emotional responses (explore what we trigger)
· more elements, multiple exposures, projecting in the whole house (bigger, more complex)
· solve visual problems by being bold
· designing images with mirrors, digital compositing > bigger and integrated
· the now related to belonging/cultural identity
· story and content
About the metaphor for inner self:
D I G D E E P E R .