WEEK 8: SUPERVISOR SESSION
I dug deeper.
Worked through a lot of thoughts and feelings, tried to put them in words and associate them to my project. A longer process that took me at least 3 weeks, but probably started a lot earlier and took a while to surface.
As these thoughts and emotions are extremely personal, I'll only describe the way I use them in general, without going into detail. Actually understanding how I can show a project that is so deeply personal, is part of my process and most of my research.
This project is about being far away from family and friends. The only way they see and imagine my life here is through the way I tell them about it. The photographs are about the idealization of memory and stories I tell. These stories are different, depending who I tell them. Each picture is for a certain person on the other side of the globe.
· strong and good visuals
· align it in meaning > reconcile now > challenge: how many
· first one is better than cityscape
· first and last are best
· how to continue: add other elements of lighting (like lamps with gels), look at other artists, is moving images a possibility?
· context? concept? > experiments will reveal idea > keep going
· different personalities is a good story > connection with place, memory etc.
Researching what to read:
· connecting through distance
· how we trigger memories
· things we are missing
> poetics of being human.