WEEK 3: SUPERVISOR SESSION (W/ SHANE)
Themes in Contemporary Creative B (Figuration, Representation and Virtuality)
- Title looks cool but is not legible.
- In one of the shoots, I will ask Karen to wear the “skin dress”. I believe it will suit her well, her personality, and the topic reminds me of the project she made last semester. But only now I realized that I will touch on another theme I didn't intentionally want to discuss: Karen, who is Asian will be “wearing” white skin. This might lead to a whole different topic. > Yes, but it still relates to the fashion industry and some of their irresponsible behavior (psychologically unsafe drivers).
- Michelle in Matt's outfit: I asked which one she would feel most uncomfortable in and she chose this one. > Maybe this could be a direction of the studio project: Embarrassment and Social Organization (Goffman's title) as motivators of personality. Acceptance is a huge motivator and the opposite rejection. How is one authentic to oneself?
- Biggest difficulty is the WHY section.
- The fashion industry has a huge impact on creating inclusivity (by mistake). The actual purpose was to use the same images in different markets but this lead to homogenized images (and designs).
- Individual: more local. Unpack this more. Exploring what happens if you reverse fashion thought from the person themselves.
- Right now the questions are too open (can't be answered).